Linseed Breakfast Cereal
Mix the following ingredients in an oven proof bowl
– 1 ½ cups organic whole linseed (HS)
– 1 cup of Tapioca (or buckwheat flakes, rolled oats or barley; or ground millet, amaranth, quinoa or cornmeal)
– ¼ – ½ cup dried fruit… I like raisins, dates, prunes or figs!
– ½ cup of nuts (I favour almonds), berries and seeds such sesame seeds, millet seeds, roasted buckwheat, sunflower kernels, chia seeds, walnuts, goji berries and / or pumpkin kernels (see photo here of some of these choices)
– add optional cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
– Brown sugar and honey to taste
– 4-6 oranges : Peel the rind off the oranges and add this into the bowl and then squeeze the rest of the orange juice and add it into the bowl / jar.
– Top the orange juice off with around two cups of water.
Cover the bowl with tin foil and leave it in an oven overnight at 80 degrees. When you wake up the cereal will be quite soft and the tapioca should be transparent. It tastes delicious with a little extra honey or perhaps some coconut oil topped off with some fresh fruit. The cereal lasts for a few days in the fridge so just reheat a little each morning in a small bowl.